- Pray for our President and all governing authorities. Romans 13:6b says, "...the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing." God raises them up and He can humble them at any time, just as He has done throughout history. Pray that our President's eyes will be opened to the truth - God's truth, and that he will throw off any hint of a haughty spirit and humble himself before God Almighty. Pray that he will lead with integrity and seek God's will and direction for not only himself, but for his family, those he leads, and for this country and its peoples.
- Pray for the people of this nation. 1 Timothy 4:1 says, "...in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron." This nation is being deceived. Plain and simple. We, as a whole, are buying into a lie that what God says is morally good is now somehow bad, and that wickedness should be praised and flaunted. Pray that God will open the eyes of the people; that Satan will no longer have a stronghold over minds and hearts; and that we the people of this nation will turn from our wicked ways and repent.
- Pray for our churches. Our churches have become a chameleon of society. We only want to hear that which tickles our ears, and (for the most part) have no interest in digging in and living out our faith every day of the week, not just Sundays. A huge number of our young people have turned their backs on their faith because "Christians" have failed to live differently than the world. We have blended in for far too long, and are now seeing the fruit of our choices.
- Pray for unbelievers. I've heard it said that we are one generation away from a pagan society. For all intents and purposes, I would say we are now seeing that come to pass. Jesus said, "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matthew 7:13-14 Few are finding that gate. The majority are seeking whatever road they think will lead them to peace, happiness, life, etc. Sadly, they are sorely mistaken. Pray that God will draw the hearts of men, women and children to a relationship with Jesus. Pray that they will understand that their only hope in this life resides with Him, and that He is the answer to any and all problems they face.
- Pray for security and safety within our borders. Just as God told the Israelites, "...if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, then I will...bring sudden terror...diseases and fever...defeat by enemies..." etc. (Leviticus 26:14-39) Pray that we will set our minds on God and His will for our country, future, and personal lives. Pray that He will secure our borders and keep peace throughout our nation.
- Pray for our military and our law enforcement. Again, "The authorities that exist have been established by God." For they are "God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing." Romans 13:1b & 4 Pray that our military and law enforcement will be alert and aware of any pressing dangers, and will turn to the Lord for guidance and strength. Pray that God will protect them and keep them and that they will strive to serve with integrity and honor.
- Pray for our unborn. Nowhere else in society is it so socially acceptable to kill your child (unborn or minutes old) but have national campaigns to save a tree, an ant farm or piece of swamp land for research. God's Word tells us that He "...knit us together in our mother's womb." He is the Creator of life and the Determining Factor when life should end. Pray that those considering abortion will realize the preciousness of the gift within them; that agencies promoting and receiving funding for the destruction of life will end their practices; that government officials will do all they can to protect the unborn; and that society as a whole will place value on human life at any stage of development.
- Pray for marriages and the definition of a family unit. God created Adam and Eve - a man and a woman to marry and procreate. They were made to compliment each other in every way. Yet, our society has dumbed down the definition of marriage and has accepted practices that are wholly against God. Pray that our society will once again see the importance of a God-ordained marriage between one man and one woman for life. Pray that we will rise above the status quo and live out our marriages in ways that please God and bring honor to Him and health and vitality to our families.
May God once again bless this nation.